Dixfield logo header Dixfield header "The Only One" header moose header


Dixfield is the 147th Town in the State of Maine
Located in Western Maine, County of Oxford

  Enacted: 1795 Incorporated: June 21, 1803
  Population 2010:2500 Ht. Above Sea Level: 417'
  41.66 Sq. Miles 26,662 Acres
  Water Customers: 583 Sewer Customers: 566
  Tax Payers: 1193 Individuals  
logo bottom
Celebrating 200 Years
  Bordered by: Webb River, Carthage, Jay, Canton, and Androscoggin River
Link to home page
Link to Animal Control Page
Link to Dixfield Calendar of Events
Link to cemeteries page
Link to Code Enforcement page
Link to Fire Department Page
Link to Dixfield Government Info page
Link to Ludden Library Page
Link to Monthly Meetings page
Link to Dixfield Office page
Parks and Recreationmoose track
Link to Planning Board page
Link to Police Department Page
Link to Public Works page
Link to Real Estate - Taxes Page
link to Shcholarships page
Link to Sewer Department page
Link to Water Department page
blank navbar
Other Links
Link to Businesses page
Link to Doing Business in Maine page
Link to Church-Civic page
Link to Farming Suppport Page
Link to Town History page
Link to Local Resources Page
Link to Our Neighbors page
Link to Schools page
blank navbar
 

 
 
Parks & Recreation

 

Parks & Recreation
46 Main St. • PO Box 808 • Dixfield, Maine • 04224 • Phone: 207-562-8151 Fax: 207-562-4311

The Dixfield Planning Board consists of five (5) members who are appointed by the Board of Selectmen to fill three-year terms of office.  Each member is paid $10.00 per meeting.  The current membership follows:

Barry Prescott elect to 2023
Melanie Prescott elect to 2022
Silver Varnum elect to 2021
Errin Smith elect to 2020
Vacancy elect to 2019
Vacancy elect to 2018
Vacancy elect to 2017


   

 

 


   

Village Green
Village Green • Main Street

The Village Green, located at 55 Main Street, was at one time property that was built and owned by Charlie Towle.   The town purchased the land and buildings from Robert and Colette LeTarte on August 5, 1997, razed the buildings in September and built the G. Dana Holt Gazebo in 1999.   The .39 acre plot of land is for everyone's use.   Several concerts, weddings, family gatherings and town-sponsored events have taken place since its inception.   The "Wall of Honor" graces the barn door of the Dixfield Historical Society and recognizes various citizens for contributions made to the Village Green and other endeavors. Download Village Green Regulations and Use Application.

 

Harlow  Park
Harlow Park • Weld Street

Harlow Park, located at 141 Weld Street, was donated to the Town of Dixfield by John S. & Agnes Harlow on March 1, 1920 at the Annual Town Meeting.   The conveyance was made with the following conditions:   That the land shall be forever used for the following purposes only--baseball and other games, play grounds or a public park and if the same is used for any other purpose the title to said land shall revert back to the said John S. Harlow his heirs and assigns.   Harlow Park consists of 5.22 acres of land and is abiding by the wishes of Mr. Harlow.   Football, baseball, soccer, field hockey and other sports are played there.   Although used mainly by RSU No. 10 students, it remains open to the public.

McGouldrick Park
McGouldrick Park • Dix Avenue

McGouldrick Park, located at 38 Dix Avenue and was originally the old Fairbanks Mill property.   It was purchased by the town from Timberlands, Inc. on December 21, 1973, funded by a grant of $10,250 from the Bureau of Outdoor Recreation; $10,250 from the Land and Water Conservation Fund; $5,125 from the ME Department of Parks and Recreation; $5,125 from the Ione Harlow Dixfield Community Fund.   It consists of 14 acres of land on which there is   a hockey/skating rink, jogging trails, Webb River access and a playground.  

Marble Park
Marble Park • Coburn Avenue

Marble Memorial Park, located at 46 Coburn Avenue, was donated to the Town of Dixfield by deed dated August 11, 1980 from Mary E. Green in memory of John C. Marble, Jr.   This park consists of 1.59 acres of land and is locally called the "Little League Field".   It is used for baseball and softball games by neighborhood children and students of RSU No. 10.

TW Kelley Middle School Tennis Courts
Tennis Courts • TW Kelly Middle School

Bullrock the Moose

Legend of Bullrock
     Bullrock, the Dixfield Moose, is named in memory of a moose of local legend. According to this legend, a wandering moose journeyed from the back side of Dixfield's Sugarloaf Mountain. As he approached the rock formation now known as Bull Rock, he became so entranced with the beauty of the valley below that he lost his footing and plunged over the edge.
   Today Bullrock's spirit can be seen in the majesty of our forests and in the steadfastness of our people. He not only symbolizes Dixfield's colorful past, but represents a strong and steady future for us all
.

 
Canoe launch at McGouldrick Park
McGouldrick Park • Webb River canoe launch   
 

 

 

Town Links

HomeAnimal Control • CalendarCemeteriesCode EnforcementFire Dept.GovernmentLudden LibraryMeetingsOfficesParks & RecPlanning BoardPolicePublic WorksReal Estate/TaxesScholarshipsSewer Dept. Water Dept.

Other Links

BusinessesDoing Business in MaineChurch/CivicFarming Support • HistoryLocal ResourcesOur NeighborsSchools

 

 

Town of Dixfield
PO Box 808
46 Main Street
Dixfield, ME  04224-0808
207-562-8151 fax: 207-562-4311


Web design by  River Valley Graphics logo for Town of Dixfield
© 2003-2016