Welcome to Ludden Memorial Library, established in 1939 with monies from the Verdurina Ludden Trust Fund and conveniently located in the heart of downtown Dixfield.
• Summer Reading Program in June and July open to all.
• Pre-school story time open to all preschoolers in our service area. This program runs during the school year.
• Our collection includes current and classic fiction for children and adults, non-fiction with an eye toward local readers, documentary and classic film videos, books on cassette, and an assortment of current periodicals.
• We also have a collections of DVDs and books on CD.
Storytime; Summer Reading Program; Public Room; Genealogies and Town Histories Collections;
Pre School Storytime
Our Pre- School Storytime runs on Monday mornings from 10:30 – 11:30 during the months of September to May and coordinates with the public school’s calendar.
Mon-Friday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturdays: 9 am – 12 noon (Sept. – May)
• Library cards are available free to residents of Dixfield, Canton, Carthage and Peru The price of a library card for non-residents is $25.00 per adult and $10.00 for students and seniors over the age of 55.
• There are eight public access computers available. Two were received as a grant from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
• Interlibrary loans open to our patrons the collections of thousands of libraries.
• Reference services are provided by the staff on a time-available basis. We have a good collection of local material for genealogical or historical research and we welcome questions from “away”.
• Search for titles via the Minerva Online Catalog. Check out the new Library Anywhere mobile friendly site.
• We are also a member of the Cloud Library. If you have a Ludden Memorial Library card, you can visit this site and explore the growing collection of downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks! Use your library ID number to download titles to your personal computer, transfer them to portable device, or burn selected Audiobooks onto a CD for listening on the go.
Online Universities and Colleges in Maine
This resource is a compilation of every online college program offered in Maine that is offered full and part time. I’ve checked through it and I think it would be very useful for anyone contemplating higher education. Click here.
Maine an Encyclopedia
Maine an Encyclopedia is a really nice tool for anything Maine, and it’s free! Check it out at http://maineanencyclopedia.com.
Also, check out Maine Online Colleges and Universities at http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/maine/